The Residency @ Blue Art Center, a collaboration between Richard Koh Fine Art (RKFA) and the Blue Art Center (BAC), is a residency program designed to support emerging artists from Southeast Asia. Developed in alignment with our core belief in nurturing artists’ careers, the program will enable selected applicants to experience various working environments within the art industry through in-person placements at art organizations and art spaces of different natures and sizes.
Rather than functioning as an art incubator, it serves as a platform to grant access and the opportunity to observe and learn from the operations of diverse art organizations and spaces. This offers a unique entry point into the art ecosystem, promoting adaptability and openness to various working environments and styles.
During their time at the Blue Art Center (BAC), selected applicants will need to create their own residency schedule, which includes a community component involving art classes (e.g. painting, drawing, sculpture, design, etc.) for children aged 8 to 18 years old on Saturdays. The residences at our other program partners will have different formats, with details to be announced.
Terms & Conditions
- Air tickets and accommodation will be provided for the duration of the residency, along with a monthly stipend.
- The selected applicant is responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documents (Passport, Visa, Health Travel Documents, etc.) required for travel to and during the residency program.
- The selected applicant must agree to comply with the prevailing health and safety measures in place in the countries where the residency program is being conducted during the period of their residency.
- Additional information about the residency will be provided to shortlisted applicants.
- The applicant has be less than 35 years old.
- The applicant has be a citizen from a Southeast Asian country.
- The applicant has to a minimum of 3 months of availability.
- The applicant has to have working knowledge in English.
- The applicants has to have no more than 5 years of experience as a practising artist (i.e.: participated in public exhibitions – either commercial or non-commercial).
- The applicant has to send in a portfolio of their works (up to 10 samples).
Download the Application Form here: Application Form
Please send the completed form and a WeTransfer link of your portfolio attached to the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Application Opening: 15 November 2023
- Application Deadline: 31 December 2023, 11:59 pm
- Notification period: February 2024
Applications will be assessed by a panel consisting of curators from the region.
Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.
For any enquiries or more info, please email us at email@example.com
Open Call – Artist Residency Program (2024)
Artist Residency Program
Application Opening: 15 November 2023
Application Deadline: 31 December 2023, 11:59 pm
Notification period: February 2024